An Egyptian dessert.
5 cup Milk
1 cup Cream (full or heavy so it can be whipped)
¾ cup Sugar (1 cup, if you like more sweet)
¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon powder (or ½ Teaspoon Cardamom powder)
1 cup Khoya / Khoa (Optional)
- Pour all the ingredients in a pan with heavy base. Mix them and bring it to the boil, then lower the flame / temperature and simmer on low-medium heat to thicken the liquid.
1-1.5 cup cream
- Beat to soft peaks.
6-8 Croissant (depending upon the size, if croissants are soft, bake them in oven for 5-7 minutes at 180 degree or until they are crispy)
1/2 – 1 cup Almonds / Hazelnuts (Crushed / Chopped)
1/2 – 1 cup Pistachio (Crushed / Chopped)
1/2 – 1 cup Pecans / Walnuts (Crushed / Chopped)
1/2 – 1 cup Raisins (Crushed / Chopped)
2-3 Tablespoon Crushed Coconut
1 Tablespoon caster sugar
1-2 pinch Salt (optional)
A suitable baking tray
- Mix all the nuts and Raisins
- Cut the croissant to half and open them to spread (or break into pieces) and place them in the tray in a way that they cover the tray.
- Sprinkle 1 pinch salt on them. Afterward sprinkle 1 tablespoon crushed coconut on it and then sprinkle the mixture of nuts.
- Pour the liquid on Croissants and soak them. Afterward make two more layers of Croissants and nut mixture and soak them also.
- On the top of last layer, spread the whipped cream. Afterward, spread the caster sugar on it and bake on 190 for 10-15 minutes.
- When the surface turns golden brown, take it out and spread remaining nuts on it and server warm.
An interesting Video :