1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
110g mushrooms, finely chopped
90 g wheat flour
2 1/2 dl (250 ml) milk
175 ml chicken broth/stock
110 g chopped meat (own choice)
60 g additional flour
2 Eggs, Whipped
dry bread crumbs (breadcrumbs)
Olive Oil for frying
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on low heat and cook the onion in 5 minutes or until it is translucent.
2. Add mushroom and cook on low heat in 5 minutes. Stir occasionally over time.
3. Add flour and stir on medium heat for 1 minutes, or until the mixture is dry and crumbly and starts to change color.
4. Remove pan from heat and mix the flour and then broth/Chicken Stock in batches. Put it back on the heat and stir constantly until the liquid boils and becomes quite thick. Include the meat and a little black pepper and cook a little. Put material in some pan or bowl and let it cool for about 2 hours.
5. Take a tablespoon at a time of cold batter and shape into croquettes.
6. Put flour in some plate. Put Whipped eggs and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
7. Turn croquette in flour and then in the egg, allow to drain slightly and turn them into bread crumbs.
8. Cover them with baking paper / butter paper and keep in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
9. Fill a deep heavy bottomed saucepan to third with oil and heat to 180
10. Put some bread crumb tocheck oil if needed.If bread is golden brown in 15 seconds, its ready.
11. Deep-fry croquette in batches for about 3 minutes per batch or until they have nice color throughout.
12. Allow to drain oil on paper towels.