500 g Shredded Carrots
500 ml Milk (Its better to take around 600 ml)
1 or 2 Tablespoon Oil
1/4 cup of Sugar (or to taste)
50 g Raisins
50 g Almond / Cashew nuts (Chopped)
1. Heat the oil. Add the shredded carrots in oil and stir-fry till carrots get tender.
2. Divide the milk into two equal portions. With half milk prepare paneer / fresh cheese.
3. Boil the milk on medium heat until it is reduced to about half. While boiling stir often to ensure the milk does not burn in the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the carrots and cook until the milk dries. Stir continuously.
5. When milk is almost dried add paneer / fresh cheese and cook for couple of minutes until it mix with carrots.
6. Add sugar and stir-fry until the halwa starts to leave the sides of pan.
7. Add raisins and nuts and cook for a while.
1. Roast the nuts and raisins before adding.
2. Use Khoya instead of paneer / fresh cheese.
3. If Khoya is not available; take 1/4 glass of water and mix 3 tablespoon powder milk on it. When water of sugar is near to dry, add this mixture.