2 cups of All Purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Sugar
2 tablespoons of Oil
2 tablespoons Yogurt / curd
1 Egg (Beaten)
1 Cup (or as much needed) Milk
Butter or clear butter (Ghee) (Optional)
2 medium Potatoes
1 teaspoon Salt (or as per taste)
1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 chopped Green pepper / Chillies
2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro / Green coriander leaves
1/2 teaspoon Garam masala – optional
1/2 teaspoon Chat masala / mango powder (Optional)
1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
1 number Onion (finely chopped)
1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
1. Add sugar, salt and to the flour and mix well.
2. Add the oil and mix it well.
3. Add yogurt and mix it well, this will become crumbly dough.
4. Add the egg and add milk as needed to make the dough firm.
5. Knead until the dough is smooth. Cover the dough with damp cloth and keep it in aside for 10 minutes.
1. Boil potatoes until they are tender.
2. Once cooked, drain the water and let the potatoes cool down. Note: Do not cool the potatoes under running water. Potatoes will absorb the water and become soft.
3. Next peel the skin off and mash the potatoes.
4. Add green pepper, red chili, cilantro, cumin seeds, chat masala / mango powder, garam masala, lemon, onion and salt to the mashed potatoes and mix it well.
1. Preheat the oven. Tray which is going to be used for baking naan should also be heated inside oven.
2. Knead the dough for about two minutes and divide the dough into equal parts
3. Divide the potato mix in equal parts in same number as dough. Potato mix should be little smaller then dough balls.
4. Roll the dough into a 3-inch circle. Place one potato ball in the center. Pull the edges of the dough to wrap the potato filling.
5. Roll the balls with rolling pin to give naan shape. Be careful not to apply to much pressure to tear the dough sheet.
6. Before putting the Naan in oven, oil your palms with oil and flip naan between your palms and place onto tray into the oven.
7. You can place about 2 to 3 naan at a time. The naan will take about 2 to 3 minutes to cook, depending upon your oven.
8. When the naan is baked, it should become golden brown colour on top.
9. Take naan out of the oven and apply butter or brush lightly with clear butter (ghee).
10. Wait for 2 to 3 minutes before baking the next naan. It gives oven the chance to get heated again to maximum.
1. You can also use yeast in dough, if yeast mixture (yeast mixed in water) is used while making dough then leave the dough for 3-4 hours
2. Spread crushed Mozzarella cheese on the top of naan, when cheese is golden naan bread is ready.
3. Apply tomato paste on the top of naan and then spread Mozzarella cheese.