4 Eggs (separate yolks and whites)
125 g Butter
125 g Sugar
2 Tablespoon Honey (Optional)
2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar (Optional)
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice (Optional)
250 g All purpose Flour (Maida)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Zest (crushed lemon skin) (Optional)
Madeleine tins or tray
1 pinch of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Powder (Optional)
1. Melt the butter and put aside to get cool.
2. Add baking powder in all pupose flour and mix well to incorporate air in it. Now add Vanilla powder in it.
3. Whisk the egg yolks a little and add sugar. Beat / Whist them more. Now add brown sugar and whisk till a smooth mixture is obtained.
4. Add honey and whisk more.
5. Add melted butter gradually and keep whisking
6. Add all purpose flour (baking powder mixed) and keep whisking. Now it will turn to a dry batter
7. Add pinch of Salt in whites and beat them until they get frothy and thick. Now add this mixture into batter.
8. Add lemon juice and zest in it.
9. Pour the batter in greased and floured Madeleine mold and bake in preheated oven.
1. Its good to include optional things to enhance taste but they still can be prepared without them. If you are not using honey and brown sugar then increase the sugar a little bit.
2. Add some crushed almonds or peanuts in the batter.
3. Replace some quantity of all purpose flour with almond powder (Prepared by crushing almonds)
4. Sprinkle Icing sugar or coconut powder for presentation.