1/2 cup all purpose flour (plain flour, maida)
1/2 cup gram flour (basen)
1 tablespoons semolina (sooji)
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 – 1 spoon salt (As per taste)
1/2 – 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
1/2 – 1 teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 teaspoon carom seeds
1/2 cup water or add as needed
1/3 teaspoon Baking Powder (Optional)
Oil to fry
1. Mix flour, semolina (sooji), gram flour (basen), salt, carom seeds, red chilli powder, chili flakes, baking powder and oil, together.
2. Knead it while adding water as needed to make firm dough.
3. Cover with damp cloth and leave it for ten minutes or put it in refrigerator.
4. Make 2-4 dumplings from dough
5. Roll each dumpling into thin circles using a rolling pint.
6. If you dont want a puff in them then prick with a fork all over the rolled dough.
7. Cut each of the rolled dough into about half inch wide and 3 inch long pieces or in desired shape.
8. Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
9. Put a small piece of dough in the oil to check it. The dough should make the oil sizzle and come up slowly.
10. Fry them until both sides are light golden-brown.
1. Skip the step 6.
2. Don’t add baking powder
3. Replace carom seed with cumin seeds.