250g All purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
170 g Butter (at Room temperature)
5-7 tablespoons of cold water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg (for brushing) (optional)
100g White Sugar
100g Brown Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons All purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
6-8 medium-sized Apples
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 tablespoons Butter
Crust (recipe makes 2 layers of crust)
1. Mix the flour, sugar and salt together. Stir to combine.
2. Cut butter into small pieces (1 inch square). Add the butter pieces to the flour and mix them with fork.
3. Add the ice water, one spoon at a time. Mix until the dough holds together (add a bit more water, if necessary).
4. Turn the dough on a lightly floured surface, knead it together.
5. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Then place it in refrigerator for 30 minutes, while you make the pie filling.
1. Peel and slice your apples. Try to keep the size of the slices even.
2. Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl.
3.Mix apples in it and stir well.
4. Add Lemon Juice and mix well.
5. Add flour and mix well.
1. Pre-heat oven at 450 F or 220 C.
2. Take the dough and cut it into two halves. Take one half and roll it out so that it is big enough to cover your pan.
3. Place this crust in your pan and trim the edges with a knife.
4. Cover the layer with filling.Place the butter in small pieces at different places.
5. Roll out the other half of the dough. Moisten the edge of the bottom crust and place the second piece on top or you may make strips and place them in vertical and horizontal combination.
6. Press down the crust edges, making sure that they are properly sealed. Use a fork or your fingers to pinch the edges together or roll them inside.
7. Trim off any excess crust with a knife.
8. Give some cuts in upper layer (if strips are not used).
9. Brush the upper layer with beaten egg.
10. Put in oven and bake until crust is brown. For first 10 minutes bake it 450 and then afterward lower the temperature to 350 F or 175 C and bake it for 25-30 minutes or until the top layer is golden.
1. Cook the apple with sugar and slight water before adding.
2. Make caramel syrup of sugar and pour on apples.
3. Roll out the top dough 6 times as it is done for croissant, it will make more better layers in dough and make it more crispy.