2.5 dl (1 cup) sifted all-purpose flour (Maida)
150 g Butter / Margarine
3 dl (1.20 cup) Sugar (Granulated)
2 Teaspoon Backing Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Sugar
3 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1.5 dl (0.75 cup) Hot Water
1. Soft or partially melt Butter. Mix eggs and Butter with the help of egg beater.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients i.e. flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla sugar.
3. Add dry ingredients gradually in egg and butter mixture. Beat till you get the smooth mixture. Try to avoid bubble in the batter while beating.
4. Gradually add hot water.
5. Put in pre-heated oven for 10-20 minutes (depending upon oven) and bake on 175 degree for almost 40 minutes.
6. Check regularly by using some thing needle or knife, If material come with it, then it needs more time.
1. Replace the cocoa powder with drinking chocolate powder
2. Use half white sugar and half brown sugar
3. Add Vanilla extract
4. Crush baking chocolate and add pieces in to batter, also add large pieces on top.
1 cup = 2.5 dl (almost)