2 Eggs, room temperature
2 dl (1 cup=2.4 dl) sifted all-purpose Flour (If you want to have it more dense, you can double the amount of flour)
1 Teaspoon Baking powder
2 dl (160 g) granulated White Sugar
75 g (or 80-100 g unsalted Butter / Margarine)
2 Granny Smith Apple (peeled & thinly sliced)
1. Soft or partially melted Butter. Cream sugar and Butter with the help of egg beater until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg one after another and beat well.
3. Combine the dry ingredients i.e. flour, baking powder.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients and beat well after every installment.
5. Spread the mixture into prepared dish, and arrange the apple slices on top.
6. Put in pre-heated oven for 10-20 minutes (depending upon oven).
7. Check regularly by insert toothpick or knife in center, if material come with it, then it needs more time.
1. Add in batter or sprinkle over the cake the flaked almonds.
2. Have 150 ml Milk and when adding the flour to the batter, alternate it with the milk.