125 g (4 1/2 oz) unsalted butter, softened
90 g (3 1/2 oz OR 1 dl) Demerara sugar (brown sugar) (mixture of brown and white sugar)
90 g (3 1/2 oz OR 1.5 dl) plain flour
20 g (3/4 oz OR 0.5 dl) rolled oats
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 tablespoon salt
100 g (4 oz) good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
Zest of 1 lime
1. Beat the butter and the sugar until creamy. Mix in the egg.
2. Mix the flour, rolled oats, baking powder and salt and blend into the dough.
3. Chop the chocolate coarsely and mix into the dough together with the lime zest.
4. Shape the dough into a roll 5 cm (2 in) thick and roll it up in grease-proof paper or cling-film. Put the dough in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 180¡C/350¡F/gas 4.
6. Cut the roll into slices 1 cm (1/2 in) thick and put them on a baking sheet lined with grease-proof paper.
7. Bake the cookies in the center of the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.