225g or 8 ounce Semi-sweet Chocolate
2 or 3 Eggs (Depending upon size, but generally 3 are better)
250g /1 cup all purpose Flour
250g /1 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Chocolate powder
1 Teaspoon Coffee
125g / 1/2 cup Walnuts or Almonds or Pecans (Optional)
1 Tablespoon boiled Water (hot)
1. Preheat oven to 180 C or 350 F.
2. Greased a baking tray.
3. Mix coffee in the boiled water.
4. Melt chocolate and butter together and mix well. Let it cool completely.
5. Add sugar and water (with coffee) and mix well and then add beaten eggs.
6. In a separate bowl, sieve together flour, baking powder and salt and then mix chocolate powder in it.
7. Mix dry ingredients with chocolate mixture and beat well until smooth.
8. Pour the mixture in the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick insert into the center comes out clean.
9. Let it cool on the wire rack and cut into squares.