1 kg Chicken ( I prefer chicken with bones, however boneless chicken can also be used)
For Marinade (optional)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup Vinegar
2 medium size Onions (chopped)
2-3 Tomatoes (I can of chopped tomatoes)
2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup Yogurt
2-3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1.5 teaspoon Salt (or as per taste, it may be reduced or increased)
1 teaspoon red chilli powder (or as per taste, it may be reduced or increased)
1/2 teaspoon crushed chilli (or as per taste, it may be reduced or increased)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (fry them and then grind or use cumin powder)
1 cup Coriander (chopped)
2-3 green peppers (chopped)
1/2 cup oil (If you use more oil, you can use more)
1. If you want to marinade the chicken then mix all the ingredients written in marinade and marinade the chicken. Leave the chicken at-least for one hour.
2. Heat the oil in a wok / karahi at medium high heat and put onions in it. Fry the onions until they become translucent.
3. Add chicken and fry until the chicken become light golden and all the water of chicken is almost dry.
4. Mix Tomatoes, yogurt, salt, red chilli powder, crushed chilli, cumin seeds to make the paste.
5. Include the paste with the chicken. Lower the heat to medium, cover the pan and let the chicken cook for 15-20 minutes or until the oil is released or gravy becomes thick and get the required consistency.
6. Include lemon juice, and chopped red pepper and cook for 1 minutes.
7. Switch off the heat and remove the pan, garnish with chopped coriander and ginger (in julienne cut).