½ kg all purpose flour and some extra flour
5 Eggs (Roughly one egg for every 100 gram flour)
Yellow food color – a pinch
(Note: It’s a far eastern food, thus, yellow color is added. If we prepare the noodles / pasta sheets / fettuccine for Italian food, don’t include color as they are cooked with sauces.)
- Slightly beat the eggs with a pinch of yellow food color (If color is added).
- Knead the dough with eggs and keep it little hard, if required, use water.
- If the dough is not hard enough, the noodles will be rough off from edges.
- Leave the dough to rest for half an hour.
- Use pasta machine to make the layers of dough. Start with thickest size and remove thickness step by step. Stop at the medium size. If you are making pasta sheet or fettuccine, stop when desired thickness is achieved. Later, use fettuccine blade to produce fettuccine pasta or use a simple knife to cut in sheets. Use the noodle cutting side to get noodles.
- When the noodles / pasta sheets / fettuccine are ready sprinkle some flour on it and mix it well.