½ cup Oil
1 No Onion – Tarka Cutting
2 Tablespoon Ginger – Chopped
8-10 pieces Chicken
1.5 Liter Water (or as needed)
2 Tablespoon Chicken Powder
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
½ Tablespoon Red Chili Powder
2 Teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
1 Tablespoon whole mix Garam Masala
¼ Tablespoon Garam Masala Powder
1 kg Rice- Soaked in water at least 30 minutes before
¼ Teaspoon yellow food color
Afghani Murraba (Jam)
¼ cup Butter
½ cup Carrot – Julienne
¼ cup Almonds – Boiled and skinless
¼ cup Sugar¼ cup Raisins
¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
Preparation (STEP I)
- Put Carrot, sugar and water in a fry pan and let them cook on medium flame for a while.
- Now put butter in it and let it cook. Lower the flame. When the water is half, include almonds and raisins.
- Let it cook until it is a thick liquid.
Preparation (Step II)
- Put oil in a stockpot and bring warm it.
- When the oil is warmed, put onion in it and fry them until they are light brown. (Keep stirring constantly).
- Now put ginger and chicken in it. Cook it until chicken is half done. If chicken gets burn or stick with pot, add water.
- When chicken is half done, include red chili powder and mix well.
- Now include one-third food color in it and cook for a while.
- Now include water according to rice quantity.
- Include Bay leaves, and whole garam masala and cook for a while with lid on pot.
- After few minutes, include salt and chicken powder. Mix them and taste the liquid. If more salt or chili is needed, add them.
- Put green chilies and rice in it. Move rice across the pot to create a balance.
- Include remaining food color and cook.
- When the water remains one third, sprinkle garam masala powder and steam rice for 5-10 minutes.
- After steaming rice, sprinkle cinnamon powder.
- Put small quantity of jam on rice and mix them.
- While serving put jam on the top of rice.
If instead of chicken, black beans (kalay channa) are included, it is called Kabli Pulao.