¼ cup Olive Oil
½ No Onion (Tarka Cutting – very thin slices)
2 Tablespoon Ginger – Julianne
1 teaspoon Paprika
1-1/2 cup chicken stock (or 1 Tablespoon Chicken Powder)
1 kg Rice
Whole Garam masala
1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
¼ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
¼ cup Almonds – Boiled and skinless
¼ cup Dates – Strips
¼ cup Cashew nuts
A pinch of yellow food color
½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder
Salt – to taste
2-3 Tablespoon yogurt
- Include the yellow food color in yogurt and beat the yogurt.
- Heat the oil and when the oil is ready, put onions in it.
- Fry onions until they are golden brown.
- Include Ginger and fry it.
- Include whole garam masala, paprika, black pepper and salt and cook for a while.
- When spices are cooked, include stock and water according to the rice in it. If stock is not available, replace it with water
- and include chicken powder in it.
- Cover the pan and cook it for a while.
- When the water is boiling, include rice in it.
- When the rice are ready to steam, sprinkle garam masala powder and mix it well.
- Put the dry fruits in one corner.
- Put yogurt on dry fruit and steam the rice.
- When the rice are ready, mix them well.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon powder on it.