Common Baking Ingredients
- Leaving Agents (for rising) – make carbon dioxide, Yeast, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Egg
- Fats – Oil, butter, milk, cream, shortening (half butter + half oil)
- Liquids – Oil, Water
Uses of Eggs
- Binding and coating
- Leaving agent
- Emulsifier agent
- Interfering substance
- Clarifying agent
- Must pre-heat the over to the desired temperature before baking.
- Grease the baking pan or tray with butter or oil and line with butter paper and brown paper.
- Bake the cake at-least one day before, as fresh cakes are difficult to handle.
- Weight your ingredients with appropriate and right measuring tools
- Always place the item to be baked in the middle rack of the oven.
- For best baking result, bring all the baking ingredients at room temperature (18-22 degree).
- Wash eggs with warm water.
- Always swift the dry ingredients two times for airy result.