Pan = 9 Inch
Baking Temperature = 180o
Baking Time = 40 – 45 Minutes
200g Butter Unsalted and soften (Optional: If oil is used it should be 150g)
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
8 drops (or 1 teaspoon) Vanilla Essence
- Include vanilla essence in the sugar and butter mixture and beat well.
- Include eggs one by one and slowly beat until the mixture is smooth and obtain creamy consistency.
175g Self Raising Flour (or all-purpose flour) – Sifted at least once.
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon Milk Powder
- Mix the baking powder in self raising flour well with the help of a spoon in a way that maximum air is incorporated in it.
- Sprinkle the milk powder and mix it well also.
- Put the dry ingredients into mixture prepared till STEP IIII in multiple batches and fold well.
1 tablespoon Milk – Liquid
- Pour the milk in the batter and mix/beat well.
STEP V – Baking
- Grease the pan with oil or butter.
- Pre-heat the oven for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter in the pan and tap the pan on floor to evenly distribute the batter.
- Place in the middle rack of oven and bake.
- Keep checking with the help of a cake tester or toot pick.
- When the toothpick comes out dry, cake is ready.
Variations: This cake is also known and vanilla sponge cake. The cake recipe is the basic recipe to make Victoria Sponge, Fruit Cake, Loaf Cake, Lemon Drizzle Cake and Vanilla Cupcakes.