1 No Orange – cut in slices (Alternatives: vanilla essence / lemon juice / almond/ orange essence)
1 piece of cinnamon (Optional)
- In a saucepan heat the water and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes then add the orange and cinnamon wood and leave to cool.
Tips for Using Sugar Syrup
- Remove the cake from the oven let it cool for 5 minutes
- Use a pastry brush to brush the sugar syrup over the entire cake.
- Do not apply a lot of syrup, and cover all area of the cake especially the the edges as cakes tend to dry out the most from there.
- Leave for a further 10 minutes before turning your cake out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Brush the cake with sugar syrup while stacking the layers.
- Add a light coating of syrup to the top of each cake using a pastry brush in exactly the same way as described above
- Later, cake may be covered with chocolate ganache.