1.5 cup Milk – Scalded (Bring it near the boil (Don’t let it boil) and cool down until suitable for yeast)
85g Sugar (If you want a sweet taste in donuts, use 170- 205 g Sugar)
1 Teaspoon Salt
2-3 Eggs (depending upon their size)
70 g Melted Butter
Yeast as per required
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
550g – 600g all purpose flour
- Dissolve sugar and salt in the milk.
- Take a portion of milk solution out and prepare the yeast in it.
- Pour melted butter in remaining milk solution.
- Beat the eggs and include in Milk solution.
- Sift the flour at least once and mix the baking powder in it.
- Pour the yeast solution, milk solution in the flour until dough leaves the bowl. The dough MUST be very soft.
- Make a ball of the dough and place in a bowl after sprinkling flour in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a dump towel and place it in a warm place for 30-40 minutes or until the dough is double in size.
- Roll the dough with the help of a rolling pin. The thickness of the dough should be ½ inch.
- Cut the donuts in required shape and set aside in a pan.
- Cover the donuts with a dump towel and leave the to raise again for 40-50 minutes.
- Warm the oil on medium-high heat and reduce the heat to medium.
- Fry the donuts until golden.
Note: Donuts can also be baked in an oven at 180 C.