STEP 1: Chicken Marinate
1kg Chicken Breast – Large thin fillets
1 Teaspoon Salt (Cheese also have salt, so be careful while including salt)
1 Tablespoon Paprika Powder
½ Teaspoon Black Pepper – crushed
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Flatten the chicken with a hammer or backside of the knife. However it should not be that thin that it gets holes.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Marinate the chicken and leave it for at least two hours.
STEP 2: Spinach Stuffing
1 Tablespoon Onion – Chopped
1 Teaspoon Garlic – Chopped
1 Tablespoon Oil
1 kg Spinach – Washed and cleaned
- Boil the spinach, chop it and put it aside.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the fry pan.
- Mix the spinach and for 30 seconds to maximum 1 minute. (Spinach is already boiled, so it is not cooked at this stage.
- Just mix the spinach to get the flavor and aroma or garlic).
STEP 3: Cheese Batter
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup Tempura flour (Optional: If it is not available, increase the quantity of flour with same amount).
1 Teaspoon White Pepper – crushed
Salt to taste
½ cup Water
1 cup Mozzarella + Cheddar Cheese – grated
- Mix all the ingredients until a uniform batter is achieved. Batter should not be rainy. It must be a thick batter.
STEP 4: Frying
1 cup all-purpose flour or as per need. (spread it in a tray)
1-2 Liter Oil (as per need)
- Spread the chicken fillet on a flat surface such as cutting board.
- Fill it with the spinach and then put cheese in it.
- Roll it, seal it and dip it in the all-purpose flour.
- Heat the oil in a wok. The heat should be at medium high temperature.
- Wet the hand with water, hold the rolled chicken and dip in the cheese batter. It should be dipped in a way that cheese batter uniformly covers the chicken.
- Put the chicken in the oil and fry.
- When the chicken is half done, take it out with the help of a spider.
- Let it cool for few minutes. (They can be kept long, if serving is afterward)
- Fry it again until they turn to golden brown and serve.