STEP 1: Tom yum Stock
¼ cup Ginger
2No Bay Leaves
½ Teaspoon Black Pepper Corn
4-6 No Shallots (Without cutting) (Bulb part of Spring Onion)
3 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Grass
2 Tablespoon Coriander Roots
King Prawn (as per needed – normally 2 prawns are kept in a bowl)
- Wash ginger appropriately.
- Clean the prawns appropriately and remove the vein by opening it till end.
- Take 3 liter water in a sauce pan and put ginger (Without cutting and without removing skin – it will give strong flavor), shallots (without cutting and without removing roots), bay leaves, black pepper corns, fresh lemon grass, coriander roots in it.
- Bring the stock to the boil over medium heat. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes to let the spices infuse the broth.
- Toss in the shrimp and cook for about 4-8 minutes until they turn pink.
- Stain the stock and remove all ingredients including prawns.
STEP 2: Sea Food Stock
1.5 Liter Sea Food Stock (For 6 bowls, 0.5 liter is used for two bowls)
3 Tablespoons Ginger
4 Tablespoons Tom yum paste
4 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
3 Tablespoons Chicken Powder
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1-2 Tablespoon vegetable Oil
- Heat the 1-2 Tablespoon vegetable oil in a fry pan.
- Put tom yum paste in it and cook for a while. It will improve the color of the paste.
- Now pour the stock in it.
- Toss the ginger in it.
- Mix chicken powder, lemon juice, fish sauce in it and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste for salt and spices; there must be an equal balance of spices, salt, and sourness.
STEP 3: Serving
4 Tablespoons Boiled Rice
2 No Tomatoes – cubes
4 No Green Chilies – Julienne
1/4 cup Button Mushrooms – cubes
Prawns from the STEP 1
Stock from STEP2
- In a bowl put tomatoes, green chilies, mushrooms, boiled rice and prawns.
- Pour the stock in it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and ginger and serve hot.