STEP 1: Tart Preparation
24 Ounces Flour
16 Ounces Butter
12 Ounces Caster Sugar
1 No Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- To make the tart, mix the butter, sugar and vanilla essence and beat them until creamy.
- Put the flour in the butter mixture.
- Rub the butter into the flour with your fingers until crumbly.
- Mix in the egg.
- If the pastry is still too dry, add 1-2 tablespoons water until it comes together. Roll into a ball and chill it for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 160 C.
- Prepare the tart and fill it with rice or dried beans.
- Bake the tart until biscuity.
STEP 2: Lemon Curd Preparation
5 Egg Yolks
4 Ounces Sugar
3 Tablespoons Sugar
3 Tablespoons Butter
3-4 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
A pinch of yellow Food Color
- Mix all the ingredients and cook them at double boiler.
STEP 3: Lemon Tart Baking
- Pour the lemon mixture in tart and bake it for 30-35 minutes until just set.
- Leave the tart/s to be cooled, and serve the tarts at room temperature or chilled.