STEP 1: Custard Preparation
6 Egg Yolks
1.25 cups Caster Sugar
1.5 cups (375g) Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 Cups Whipped Cream
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar to get a light and creamy mixture (Mixture 1) and cook it on double boiler. While cooking keep whisking.
- Mix cream cheese in Mixture 1, until it becomes the part of mixture and no lumps are remaining (Mixture 2).
- Mix the whipped cream into Mixture 2 (preferably with a wooden spoon), gradually and gently (Mixture 3). Mixture (also called custard) made here must be thick, if its thin and not much dense, then put it into refrigerator for an hour or so.
STEP 2: Tiramisu Assembly
2 Pack Savoiardi Biscuits – (Lady Finger Biscuits)
2 cups Espresso Coffee
6-8 Tablespoons Chocolate Shave (Optional)
6-8 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- Prepare the coffee with cold water by mixing coffee into half glass of water.
- Soak the savoiardi biscuits in coffee one by one from both sides for a very short amount of time and put them into a container and complete one layer.
- Cover the ladyfingers with a layer of custard (half custard). Level custard with a spatula
- Sprinkle the unsweetened cocoa powder on the surface. You may also sprinkle chocolate shave on it.
- Make the second layer of ladyfingers, if you had them vertically in first layer, put them horizontally (and vice versa).
- Add the layer of remaining custard and level that. Put the tiramisu in refrigerator for at least for 4 hours.
- Before serving sprinkle the cocoa powder (and chocolate shave ) on the surface.