125 g (4 1/2 oz) unsalted butter, softened
90 g (3 1/2 oz OR 1 dl) Demerara sugar (brown sugar) (mixture of brown and white sugar)
90 g (3 1/2 oz OR 1.5 dl) plain flour
20 g (3/4 oz OR 0.5 dl) rolled oats
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 tablespoon salt
100 g (4 oz) good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
Zest of 1 lime
1. Beat the butter and the sugar until creamy. Mix in the egg.
2. Mix the flour, rolled oats, baking powder and salt and blend into the dough.
3. Chop the chocolate coarsely and mix into the dough together with the lime zest.
4. Shape the dough into a roll 5 cm (2 in) thick and roll it up in grease-proof paper or cling-film. Put the dough in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 180¡C/350¡F/gas 4.
6. Cut the roll into slices 1 cm (1/2 in) thick and put them on a baking sheet lined with grease-proof paper.
7. Bake the cookies in the center of the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.
3 Egg Whites
120 – 180 g White Sugar (depending upon taste)
360 g Crushed Coconut
1. Pre-heat oven at 175 C
2. Beat the egg whites with electric beater that it becomes white and fluffy
3. Add sugar gradually in egg white and keep beating at high-speed until all sugar is dissolved and thick fluffy material is ready
4. Add coconut in material and fold with the help of spatula.
5. Prepare the baking tray (either by greasing it or putting a baking sheet)
6. Put 1 table-spoon of material after every one inch. You can use the pastry bag also for this purpose
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until base is lightly golden and upper part is lightly browned.
1. Melt the dark chocolate and add it after step # 4.